Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

  1. #1

    Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    Hi,

    If someone receives a parcel to an apartment in Tenerife, how does one receive the parcel? Is it delivered to the door? Some pickup point? I ask because I know the system does differ between different countries, even though people generally assume it is the same.

  2. #2

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    You'll probably receive a card telling you that your parcel is at the depot for you to come and collect. Not ideal if you don't gave a car.
    At our complex the postman hands over all post, letters and parcels, to our president.
    She will only accept parcels for those owners who are resident all year round.

  3. #3

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    It is the same in my country, but usually the places to pickup parcels are very close, even if one lives in a small town. It could be the local gas station or grocery store, for example. If one lives in a pretty central location in Tenerife, is it not usually very close to pick up a parcel?

  4. #4
    Tenerifian Mia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender:
    Location
    Callao Salvaje
    Posts
    192

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    We have numbered individual post boxes inside our complex and the postman comes in and puts mail into the corresponding boxes.

    If he has a parcel he comes to the door but if there is no one in, he leaves a card in the post box and you have to collect from the post office/sorting office which in our case is in Adeje.

    Although we believe he rarely has parcels because he usually delivers on a motor scooter so therefore just brings the card to let you know the parcel is at the sorting office and it is left to you to collect it.

    This is obviously if it sent by post. For parcels delivered by couriers, I am not certain how they deal with it.

  5. #5
    Tenerifian Arona1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Arona/Dublin
    Posts
    105

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    I have always had mine delivered to the door here in tenerife, if im not in they leave a notice to pick up at the post office

  6. #6
    Super Tenerifian cressrt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Up above Charco del Pino
    Posts
    395

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    Only true if it is Correos delvering, a lot comes by courier eg DHL and that can be different.
    Richard & Theresa

  7. #7
    Tenerifian Arona1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Arona/Dublin
    Posts
    105

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    Quote Originally Posted by cressrt View Post
    Only true if it is Correos delvering, a lot comes by courier eg DHL and that can be different.
    Had a few parcels delivered by DHL to my front door

  8. #8
    Super Tenerifian

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Tenerife
    Posts
    483

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    It depends on what you order online,if it is say some sort of electronic item (laptop,camera,tv box,etc) and you want it delivered via courier,DHL,SEUR etc,it will go through customs,the courior company will phone you pre delivery and tell you if you have to pay any duty on said parcel,if you are not bothered about how long you want your parcel,book it registered post via Correos and you will not pay any customs that may be due.
    If you use Correos they will deliver to your door (if parcel is small) if large they will put a yellow/blue ticket in your post box and you will have to go to your local post office with ticket and ID,(passport,N.I.E etc) to collect it.........you have 15 days to collect said parcel or Correos will return it to sender.

  9. #9

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    Quote Originally Posted by andyfm View Post
    It depends on what you order online,if it is say some sort of electronic item (laptop,camera,tv box,etc) and you want it delivered via courier,DHL,SEUR etc,it will go through customs,the courior company will phone you pre delivery and tell you if you have to pay any duty on said parcel,if you are not bothered about how long you want your parcel,book it registered post via Correos and you will not pay any customs that may be due.
    If you use Correos they will deliver to your door (if parcel is small) if large they will put a yellow/blue ticket in your post box and you will have to go to your local post office with ticket and ID,(passport,N.I.E etc) to collect it.........you have 15 days to collect said parcel or Correos will return it to sender.
    It does sound like it is exactly the same as in my country. I think I will manage it, thank you! Hopefully that post office is not very far away, as I do not have a car. Not that I plan on ordering anything big however!

  10. #10

    Re: Ordering stuff online - where do they go?

    Quote Originally Posted by polremy View Post
    You'll probably receive a card telling you that your parcel is at the depot for you to come and collect. Not ideal if you don't gave a car.
    At our complex the postman hands over all post, letters and parcels, to our president.
    She will only accept parcels for those owners who are resident all year round.
    What happens to the other parcels then? Thrown away?

Similar Threads

  1. Shopping Has anyone used the IKEA online ordering system for collection at Las Chafiras?
    By Tom & Sharon in forum Shopping in Tenerife
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-09-2014, 14:17
  2. Shopping Selling stuff online in Tenerife
    By Foz in forum Shopping in Tenerife
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-02-2014, 00:21
  3. What customs fees should I expect when ordering from the USA?
    By evahawaii in forum Shopping in Tenerife
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 18:13
  4. Help needed with ordering from Amazon.co.uk from Tenerife
    By LiLmissSunshine in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 19:57
  5. FOR SALE in Tenerife Stuff
    By Vortex Wake in forum For Sale
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-08-2011, 10:29

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

POSTS ON TENERIFE FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED

Please click the "Report Post" button under any post which may breach our terms of use.