Thread: Fiber optic Internet connection type

Santa Cruz De Tenerife

Fiber optic Internet connection type

I have asked Orange if I can have a fiber optic Internet and they say only the indirect one is available 50Mbs symmetric.
    What I am not sure is what is the difference between the direct and indirect fiber optic connection and how stable these are compared to each other,
    as this is quite important for my online job. Does anybody have any experience with the "indirect" one?

Re: Fiber optic Internet connection type

Never heard those terms, but I would presume, indirect means FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet), and the last short distance to the house is by original copper cable.

As opposed to FTTH (Fibre to the house) which is fibre all the way. and I suppose would be called direct. and is faster.

Santa Cruz De Tenerife

According to what I can understand by using Google translate it seems that Orange would have to rent this service from another provider.

Scotland/Tenerife

An umbrella can be used as a sunshade in the desert too !
    Many apartments for rent are starting to supply WIFI as that's what the clients want , at around €45 per month for connection , it's not a lot for an owner who can add it to rental whilst claiming it as an expense - "If he declares "