Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Car Hire

Super Tenerifian

Redditch and Torviscas Alto

Re: Car Hire

I imagine the petrol station would be accessed from the side road (by Rodeo), but if its from the main road I agree it will be an accident hot spot. The brow of the hill stops you seeing more than 10-15m back down the road and that is the slip road off the motorway so vehicles are still going 50-60km/h at that point - I've pulled out the side road a good few times and once you decide to go you need to step on it.

We collected a car from CICAR at Tenerife South this morning for a 28 day period with option to extend if we wish. We struggled to hire an automatic car, most of the car hire companies have mainly manual cars in their fleets. Autoreisen didn't have any available and Hertz only had 1 at a very high price. But CICAR had an Opel Astra at a reasonable price with full insurance and no excess included in price. I can recommend them

Cheers for that, me and the wife have both lived on the reef my wife for longer than i did she is pretty familiar with the roads unless they have had loads of changes in the last few years and will make sure not to park longer than should do or where not to.

I don't know if you know anywhere that is good to park near hotel Jacaranda or if they have parking and what the costs are.

Cheers

Super Tenerifian

Redditch and Torviscas Alto

If you drive up the hill from the island by Jacaranda and there may be some parking up that road (but unlikely) but as you get near the top of the road before the TF1 there is a cut through where you can double back and then about 1/3 way back down the hill there is a road on the right which goes around the back towards La Caleta and generally has some parking at least. otherwise you've got pretty much no hope around there unless you're up with the bin men.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234