Can I summarise?
1. Fresh food ie. meat and veg is basically the same price as it is in the UK.
2. Wine and beer is generally cheaper.
3. The wide availability of fresh ingredients we are used to in the UK is far less.
4. It's all subjective. If your personal food bill is £200 a week in the UK, it will be £200 a week in Tenerife.
5. The good bananas are to be found near the milk in Mercadona
Enjoying the best of both worlds
Nowhere have I said people can't cook. I said people can improve if they can't find the ingredients they want and become more versatile. It is a cost thing when the better products cost more so swap an item or change the menu.
If restaurants can provide food that we all like then try something new, after all they will be getting a lot of their produce from on the island. Why cook chicken casserole, pork steaks or roast beef if you aren't happy with the raw materials. As YG said, he knows places where fruit and veg are excellent so take him up on his offer.
If Someone had the Skills, a Smallholding or even Allotments would
improve the Choice of Foods somewhat. It might even make money.?
I agree, most of the Discussion is subjective....
POSTS ON TENERIFE FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED