Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This tenerife forum

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tenerife forum

Over the years this "FORUM" has been very good at giving out sound advice,over the past few days,i have logged on,only to find only "ONE" sensible question being asked out "21" (The taxi one).Why are the likes of UUDGFAVYR,MXYXHSRMX,EABTMVZCB,etc,etc,etc allowed by admin to post such rubbish.RIP Tenerife Forum!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andy123 For This Useful Post:

Arona1 (03-12-2017), BobMac (04-12-2017), lynno52 (03-12-2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

Tenerifian

Playa de San Juan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: This tenerife forum

I think they are spam and seem to get deleted periodically. It is a shame that there is little genuine posting going on : if I see a post that I can contribute to, I do, but like you say there have not been many in recent days

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyG For This Useful Post:

BobMac (04-12-2017)

Tenerife
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I appreciate your concern the Tenerife Forum is now nowhere near as poular as it once was! The p[osts you refer to are all SPAM posters and in the last 48 hours I have removed over 60 of them! I do not spend 24 hours a day on this Forum so the the best I can do is remove SPAMMERS as and when I find them.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, MOST residents of, regular visitors and holiday makers to Tenerife, now find pretty well all the information they might need from FACEBOOK , Trip Advisor, Google and other social media sites. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid and unless more people use this forum, it will die off naturally. I'm sorry if that sounds negative, but that's how I see it.

As I don't live in the Costa del Silencio area , I have no idea about taxi services from there to and from the airport. However I have just asked the same question to google and got 20 different recommendations!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moderator_ For This Useful Post:

BobMac (04-12-2017)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a shame moderator but i agree with you social media seems to take over every thing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator_ View Post
    As much as I appreciate your concern the Tenerife Forum is now nowhere near as poular as it once was! The p[osts you refer to are all SPAM posters and in the last 48 hours I have removed over 60 of them! I do not spend 24 hours a day on this Forum so the the best I can do is remove SPAMMERS as and when I find them.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, MOST residents of, regular visitors and holiday makers to Tenerife, now find pretty well all the information they might need from FACEBOOK , Trip Advisor, Google and other social media sites. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid and unless more people use this forum, it will die off naturally. I'm sorry if that sounds negative, but that's how I see it.

As I don't live in the Costa del Silencio area , I have no idea about taxi services from there to and from the airport. However I have just asked the same question to google and got 20 different recommendations!!
    Thanks for your honest reply,which i totally understand.
    What will be so sad is i will miss the likes of "TSHIRT" and "IMABLUE" with thier great jokes,thit awies mke mi lauhh,dam i git thess virrs tinngy.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andy123 For This Useful Post:

BobMac (04-12-2017), Chine (04-12-2017), imablue (04-12-2017), lynno52 (04-12-2017), Tshirt (04-12-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about social media brining the forum down, to me it done a pretty good job of it itself, I am/have been a member of three Tenerife related forums, this the "Tenerife Forum", the now defunct "The Tenerife Forum", and the one I participate most on in recent years with almost 20,000 posts "Tenerife Forum Of Fun".

I initially joined this forum because of my interest in Tenerife having holidayed there for some twenty years and also having lived there for a short period of time, I was not a prolific poster, I looked in most days just to keep up with what was going on throwing in the rare post if I felt I had something to add, but I gave up, reason, over moderating both by moderators and some members who thought they were moderators by constantly shouting "close this thread", "close this thread" just because whatever was being posted differed from their opinion on the matter, I had posts pulled, no swearing, no personal attacks on any one, just a different opinion, and I saw the same happen to other members. I gave up posting years back but still looked in regular but even gave up on that now looking in very rarely, I'd actually thought the forum had gone when I couldn't find it for a month or so, and that disappearance done it no favors killing off what active membership it had.

So as said at the beginning, basically the forum has mads a pretty good job of hammering the nails in to its own coffin.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_N_Cognito For This Useful Post:

andy123 (05-12-2017), BobMac (06-12-2017), ddoyle (05-12-2017), Leam_Lin (04-12-2017), tfs1 (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one would hate to see this forum go. I don't post very often, but when I do I've always been given some great advice, and even though I might not always like what I read, that's what advice is all about, taking the good stuff with the bad. In my opinion, this forum is much better than social media. I wouldn't even consider asking for info on FB.
    I might be barking up the wrong tree here, and I hate to talk politics, but most of my posts have been about relocating to Tenerife, as are many others, but we're awaiting the outcome of Brexit before we consider doing anything in earnest and I'm wondering if other potential ex-pats are doing the same, hence less posts?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginandmilk For This Useful Post:

BobMac (09-12-2017), Steve56 (07-12-2017)

Super Tenerifian

Midlands and GDS
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing going on here anymore i think everyone has moved on

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chine For This Useful Post:

BobMac (09-12-2017), LUCKY (08-12-2017), tfs1 (08-12-2017)

Super Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a time when the Forum became very much a clique and lots of PPL stopped using it, which was a pity as the Forum and its users are a mine of very useful information. I will continue to use it when the need arises or as long as it keeps going.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ddoyle For This Useful Post:

Cousincas (09-12-2017)

Super Tenerifian Beach Ball Control Champion Zidane Showdown Champion LUCKY's Avatar

LowerGDS
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Move along nothing to see here

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LUCKY For This Useful Post:

Chine (09-12-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast