Thread: Los cristionas or Costa adeje

Los cristionas or Costa adeje

Hi, just after people’s thoughts, we have been going to los cris for about 6yrs now we do like the area.

I’ve been offered a studio apartment in the Santa Maria Costa Adeje in May time & posibly later on in the yr if needed. Is it a lot more buisier in Costa Adeje, I know there are lot of bars, restaurants & a lot more going on. I know it’s what people prefer at the end of the day, but with the price of flights & accomadation i don’t want to make the wrong decision. Is there any one out there been to both & what are your thoughts, shoughd I stick to los cris we are in our 60s age group.

Scotland/Tenerife

Re: Los cristionas or Costa adeje

The Santa Maria is controlled by Hovima (The Late Kurt Konrad's Hotel Chain) and is a mixture of private apartments and Aparthotel , recently Hovima have been restricting private rentals from using "services" in Santa Maria such as Bar & Restaurant due to "Licencing Letting Laws" - It shouldn't affect your self catering stay there as there are plenty of good bars & restaurants & entertainment within a couple of minutes - access to beaches is good and a couple of reasonable supermarkets close to you .
    The main Mercadona is a 10-15 min walk up the hill to San Eugenio Shopping centre and it's about a 10 minute walk to nearest bus stop at Mareverde or longer up past CC San Eugenio . There is a Taxi Rank directly across from hotel .
    It's totally different from LC in that it's mainly a Touristic Area whereas LC is a busy working Town .
    I stayed in Santa Maria once a long time ago & it was fine but like most complexes the sunbed wars are the same ! LOL! I stay about 500yds uphill from Santa Maria .
    Like all tourist areas it has it's issues with pickpockets etc so just be sensible with your money & belongings