Thread: el medano - bohemian or seedy ?

el medano - bohemian or seedy ?

I have been visiting El Medano for over 30 years and in recent years found more and more , what can only be described as ' vagrant ' types . there does not seem to be a lot of issues during the day as they just try to sell things or try a little busking , however at night is a little different !!!!

I recently sat in the town centre having a meal and watched people being pestered , shouted at and trying to give these people a wide berth . One of them was really being a pain trying to get money from locals and holiday makers alike , blocking their paths , putting his hands on them and around them and not taking no for an answer . Then he decided to urinate up a wall in clear view of everyone and only a few yards from the childrens play area , which was full . Eventually he got so bad with one couple that the husband punched him , this caused a little commotion and the police arrived , took him 50 yards away and rather than lock him up , let him go .

DONT THINK I'LL BE GOING BACK THERE IN THE EVENING FOR SOME TIME !!!!

Re: el medano - bohemian or seedy ?

I think the big problem with El Medano is that it has become a really busy place in such a small space, perhaps there isn´t enough control maybe a few police strolling around would be a good idea!