Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the roads like going up to Mt. Teide in Tenerife?

Echo what the others say, definitely drive up there, it's certainly an experience and the roads are pretty impressive, I'm amazed Top Gear haven't done something on Teide given the roads are a similar type to those they go and explore around Europe, I can imagine it would be an impressive drive in a nippy sports car.

i live up in the mountains and so am quite accustomed to driving in these conditions, however, my sister is a sales rep and drives everyday still doesn´t have much confidence to drive in this area.

would suggest for your first experience of driving a hire car in tenerife and going upto Teide that you follow the main road to Guia de Isora and continue along that road through Chio. As you leave Chio there is a well signposted turnoff for Teide with a very good road that the buses and tour operators use. The views are stunning and it is possible, weather permiting, to see the three island of La Palma, El Hierro and La Gomera.

Safe driving and happy holidays

South Derbyshire
    Most of the roads in Tenerife have been upgraded over the years and are no problem. Hiring a car is a must to see the diversity the island has to offer.

Thanks for all the replies guys....really appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12