Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenerife Forum Southampton Football Club discussion thread

Wickham, Hampshire.
    Oh well a 3-2 loss but on a brighter note that shower down the road only got a draw..........COYR !!!!
    Pardon me my ear is full of milk
    "Well, if we caught...the money...and gave it to the fish...anybody we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it"

La Palma
    I was glad to see you posted, Ed. I was worried you were only going to do 'selective' posting depending on the score!

Wickham, Hampshire.
    We can't win every game Cainaries,Saints played well unlucky not to get a draw........
    "Well, if we caught...the money...and gave it to the fish...anybody we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it"

La Palma
    Ed .. we won last night ... where are you? I rely on you for this information!

Wickham, Hampshire.
    SAINTS booked their place in the third round of the Carling Cup with a comfortable 3-1 victory at Swindon tonight.

Nigel Adkins made five changes from the team that played Leicester last Saturday, giving Kelvin Davis, Jose Fonte, Dean Hammond, Rickie Lambert and David Connolly a rest.

In their places were Bartosz Bialkowski, Aaron Martin, Morgan Schneiderlin, Lee Holmes and Jonathan Forte.

And it was Holmes who was the provider for the opening goal at the County Ground, with Guly do Prado heading in his pinpoint cross on 17 minutes to put Saints in front.

The visitors deservedly doubled the lead after half-an-hour, with Guly playing in Jonathan Forte, who beat Robins keeper Phil Smith.

Mehdi Kerrouche gave Swindon a late lifeline, curling in a free-kick from the edge of the area with seven minutes left.

But substitute Lambert rounded Smith deep into injury time to add a third and seal the win.

Saints will face either Charlton or Preston at St Mary's in the third round.

Sorry for the late report........

La Palma
    Thanks for the update, Ed. I am only teasing very gently, I promise. I do appreciate the info you post on here, and thanks again.

Wickham, Hampshire.
    RICKIE Lambert’s hat-trick gave Saints a dramatic 3-2 victory over Nottingham Forest on another record-breaking day at St Mary’s.

Nigel Adkins’ men recorded their 12th consecutive home league win – a new club best – while also retaining second position in the Championship.

Forest had taken a seventh-minute lead through Matt Derbyshire, but Lambert replied immediately for the hosts.

The Saints striker grabbed his second midway through the half, with a back-post header, only for Radoslaw Majewski to level just before half-time.

However, despite being under pressure for much of the second half, Lambert rose to head home Danny Fox’s late free-kick, and give Saints a fifth win in their opening six matches.

And Pompey lose again.............COYR

La Palma
    Excellent Results - both of them!

Wickham, Hampshire.
    Saints have gone top of the Championship table after thumping Birmingham 4-1 at St Mary’s.

Goals from Rickie Lambert, Guly Do Prado, Adam Lallana and Richard Chaplow made it 13 home league wins on the spin for Nigel Adkins’ men.

The victory, which confirmed Saints’ best start to a campaign for 103 years, was kick started by Rickie Lambert’s eighth goal of the season, converted from the penalty spot on 11 minutes after the striker had been fouled by Steven Caldwell from an inswinging Danny Fox corner.

Guly Do Prado smashed home a rasping half volley ten minutes later after good interplay from David Connolly and Frazer Richardson to double the lead.

Richardson was involved again on 33 minutes as he cut the ball back to Lallana who finished first time right footed into the bottom corner to make it 3-0 at half time.

Birmingham gave Saints a scare as Chris Wood’s free kick pulled one back four minutes after the restart before the Blues threatened again with Stephen Carr hitting the post and Kelvin Davis saving well from Marlon King.

But the win was wrapped up on 78 minutes as Lambert found Lallana from the left sideline and the midfielder’s through ball picked out sub Richard Chaplow who calmly rolled it across the keeper and into the far corner to ensure three points and a table topping position after seven games.

La Palma
    That's Brilliant!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast