Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employment and Support Allowance.

Belfast / Parasio
    As you know Cam , i broke my back Aug 2yrs ago and was out of work for 9wks , i never put in for sick money of the government in that time but i was told at the weekend of a scrounging basket signing himself into the nut house for a while as his DLA is due for renewal , something seriously has to be done .

Super Tenerifian

Trouble is.......

The benefit system is there for those who genuinely need help, and thank God it is. But in order to be "signed off" work for any length of time you need to be signed off by a GP, so surely it is the medical system in which a solution could be found. Perhaps GPs should only be allowed to sign somebody off for, say 3 months, after which a second and preferably third, even forth opinion should be required before that period can be extended.

Those that are genuinely ill enough to not be able to work and need to remain on the "sick" ought not to be affected. Those who have worked out that simply getting a sick note from the GP will keep them out of needing to seek work in order to receive benefit will eventually be weeded out??

Just a thought

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12