Thread: Monarch not charging for debit cards

Super Tenerifian

Chester/ Silencio

Monarch not charging for debit cards

Just noticed on their website Monarch no longer charge for using a debit card and flat £10 fee for credit card regardless of number of people in the booking....

Be nice if Ryanair were to follow....

Los Menores, Adeje
    and too right , as it only costs them a few pence per debit card transaction, i always think its such a rip off when companies charge too much for debit card transactions and usually they are only getting charged 2% for credit card transactions and some get better deals via their bank

Cambridgeshire/Amarilla Golf
    I read yeasterday that Monarch are aiming for a niche above Ryanair etc as Monarch say that their customers are willing to pay a little extra for their flights for the extra's they get from Monarch! Bit of a joke really as you have to pay for the extra's. e.g pre allocated seats if you want to check in on line, food, etc etc. (Bring back Crown Service - perhaps we should start an on line petition!!))
    Pleased to hear about the free debit card, but still when we compare flights ryanair come out cheaper and the timings of the flights are better. I do prefer Monarch as I loathe the rush for seats on Ryan air.