Quote Originally Posted by Sylla View Post
I seem to remember the shop we had the altercation with was called "The Professor" .... and they had 3 shops close by in the Puerto Colon area ...not sure if they are are still there as I haven't been to that area for a few years now ... but the shops were near to the steps at the bottom ,that come down from the upper level ....
we unfortuanately went into that shop last year, we were looking around comparing prices for ciggys to take home for someone, and the prices on display were the best we had seen, around 20e for 200 so we asked for 2 cartons and by the time he'd fiddled around with his calculator he said thats 62 euros, so i said hang ona minute im paying 40 not 62 and suddenly out came the bad attitude bit and then before you know it you're arguing with 4 of em, so suffice it to say we told them where to stick their cigarettes and walked out. how they manage to sell anything like that is beyond me..... and another time looking at a nice towel in an indian owned shop the bloke came over, muttered something, popped in into a bag and said '50euros'....... 50 euros!!! ha ha... and the way they follow you around the shop like a pack of wolves is not nice is it... so we say just treat those conning gits with the contempt they deserve..