User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cambridgeshire/Amarilla Golf
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Why don't Monarch supply in flight entertainment any more?

Monarch advertises that it provides in flight entertainment on its flights to the Canaries. We regularly travel with Monarch from Luton to Tenerife and have not had any in flight entertainment for yonks! We always take our own headsets but they remain in the hand luggage. When we first board we now look at the armrests to see if they have any slots for headphones....The flight attendants say its probably because the plane has been substitited. Al I can say that we must always travel on 'subsituted' aircraft!! I contacted monarch and they say its not part of the contract to provide entertainment.

I would be interested to hear how many of you actually do have the inflight entertainment on your journeys with Monarch.......if so from which airport etc.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Su1 For This Useful Post:

longtallalice (05-06-2011), sunspot (05-06-2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)

el rio, arico
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we recently travelled monarch from manchester and had a couple of hours of entertainment , secret shopper, top gear and miranda ! but have been on monarch flights in the past when nothing has been shown so who knows !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to longtallalice For This Useful Post:

Su1 (05-06-2011)

Costa Del Everton
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,949 Times in 2,590 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longtallalice View Post
    we recently travelled monarch from manchester and had a couple of hours of entertainment , secret shopper, top gear and miranda ! but have been on monarch flights in the past when nothing has been shown so who knows !
    We had the same out of Manchester last week on the 7:55am Tuesday flight but there were plenty of empty seats so decided to have a couple of hours kip!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AL JAY For This Useful Post:

Suej (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Su1 View Post

Monarch advertises that it provides in flight entertainment on its flights to the Canaries. We regularly travel with Monarch from Luton to Tenerife and have not had any in flight entertainment for yonks! We always take our own headsets but they remain in the hand luggage. When we first board we now look at the armrests to see if they have any slots for headphones....The flight attendants say its probably because the plane has been substitited. Al I can say that we must always travel on 'subsituted' aircraft!! I contacted monarch and they say its not part of the contract to provide entertainment.

I would be interested to hear how many of you actually do have the inflight entertainment on your journeys with Monarch.......if so from which airport etc.

Monarch "Charter" "MON" flights have entertainment, Schedule "ZB" dont.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delderek For This Useful Post:

longtallalice (05-06-2011), samnickgodber (06-04-2012), slodgedad (05-06-2011), Su1 (05-06-2011), Suej (06-04-2012), uptowngirl (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delderek View Post
    Monarch "Charter" "MON" flights have entertainment, Schedule "ZB" dont.
    Then why do they advertise on the Monarch website for Monarch ZB flights that there is entertainment on the 'longer' flights??

Have heard recently that Monarch may be leaving the charter martket and then all flights will be ZB.

walsall
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then why do they advertise on the Monarch website for Monarch ZB flights that there is entertainment on the 'longer' flights??

Have heard recently that Monarch may be leaving the charter martket and then all flights will be ZB.
    we regularly fly on the ZB flight from birmingham and were told that it was not cost effective to show entertainment anymore because of the cost of the upkeep of the screens,but recently they have been showing some programmes, but not worth watching, so i have brought my own personal dvd player for 50 and take a few cheap films with me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to marbro8 For This Useful Post:

Suej (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too have bought a DVD player and have a ipod but my gripe is .....Monarch still advertise in-flight entertainment so to my mind it should be availble!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Su1 For This Useful Post:

marbro8 (05-06-2011)

walsall
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too have bought a DVD player and have a ipod but my gripe is .....Monarch still advertise in-flight entertainment so to my mind it should be availble!
    maybe if enough people complain then they would do something about it? but tbh i much prefer my own dvd player

Tenerifian

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
    wwere told that it was not cost effective to show entertainment anymore because of the cost of the upkeep of the screens
    It's not just the equipment costs, to have inflight entertainment airlines have to pay a licence fee and also royalty fees, simply put, with the lower fares that passengers now demand, airlines can no longer justify the costs for inflight entertainment. It's also worth noting that a lot of passengers now bring ipods or a laptop etc, therefore making inflight entertainment redundant.

Monarch are not alone in starting to stop inflight entertainment, Thomas Cook have also done this, however they decided to switch to portable devices which could be rented instead, however the uptake hasn't been brilliant and they are now scrapping them. Shortly Thomson will also stop inflight entertainment on short and medium haul flights.

Inflight entertainment will soon be a thing of the past apart from on long-haul flights.

Unless passengers start turning away from the no frills rock bottom fares of Ryanair and pay more to receive a good level of service, that's how it's going to be.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan747 For This Useful Post:

Su1 (07-06-2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I can't comment on Monarch but I was told a couple of months ago that thomson and thomas cook would be stopping the in flight entertainment. We recently (3 weeks ago) flew to kefalonia with thomson and outbound we had a film but on the inbound nothing. Apparently they had decided to stop the entertainment on any flight under 6 1/2 hours as they had seen thomas cook do it and not many people complained (found this info on a cabin crew forum). My gripe was on the outbound they made a big deal of telling you the headsets could be saved for the way back but "forgot" to mention there would be no sound coming through them. Thomson are also stopping pre booked meals from Winter this year. We've just booked to tenerife in november (with Thomson) and you now cant book a meal at all. It does specify you will be able to purchase food on board still though. Personally I can cope with a few hours of boredom if it means my flight is ultimately cheaper.

Lee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

monarch tenerife entertainment