Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My former employer won't pay me! What should I do?

Unhappy My former employer won't pay me! What should I do?

Hi everybody!

I have worked for one company in Las Americas for little more than two weeks without any contract (only verbal). Then they've said that they don't need my service any more and promised to pay me next week. During my last telephone conversation with them two weeks after termination, they told me that will not pay me anything
    What can I do to get my money from them?

Any help will be very appreciated!

Do you have any proof of your actual hours worked there?

I am sorry for you but you are fighting a lost cause no paperwork. No evidence. Learn by your mistake.

Amarilla Golf & Cheshire
    Name and shame for a start....................
    Enjoying the best of both worlds

Los Blanquitos
    Get as many people as you can and give them a visit, no violence, but a big protest should get you your money, these people want stringing up from a lampost
    Builder available for tiling, bathrooms, kitchens, plumbing, and all general building requirements

Hello everybody! Thank you for your replies!

I don't have any direct proof of the hours that I've worked there, but I have some papers with company logos, emails between me and the company, phone calls, business cards and of course witnesses – my ex-colleagues, my girlfriend and people who work in offices next doors.

I've downloaded Denuncia form from Inspeccion de Trabajo website. I'm gonna fill it in and send it to them. Any other ideas what can be done?

First time this happens in my life. I've worked many different jobs in different countries – some of them were bad, but at least I was always paid.

Costa Del Everton
    Sorry to hear that elcocodrilo, I agree with Tom & Sharon and Scoregolfbob, they need to be named and shamed!!! I also guarantee you if you go around and protest with a number of people this cowboy company will pay you what they owe you!!!

If I see them again there gonna be lots of violence – sometimes I just can't control myself. I better go juridical way.

You should tell them you have witnesses to collaborate your work history with them. Tell them if they don't pay you what they owe you then you will report them to the Social Security offices and INEM and that they may be looking at a fine of around 10,000€ for employing staff with no contract. If there are others there with no contract I'm quite sure they wouldn't like the authorities involved, it would end up costing them a heck of a lot more than a couple of weeks wages!

Already sent Denuncia to Inspeccion de Trabajo and Servicio de Mediación, Arbitraje y Conciliación. Vamos a ver what happens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast