User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Super Tenerifian marbro8's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    walsall
    Posts
    4,437
    Thanks
    9,948
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rovers Return, Compostella Beach, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

    we come over on friday, and i was just looking at reviews for the compostella beach on trip adviser as we have never stayed there before, and there is a bit at the bottom called hot tip and the rovers gets quite a few mentions for brecky and food and although we used to love the place and had some good times there it has never really been renowned for food? so was just wandering if any forum members had eaten there lately and wandered what they thought

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
    These ads will disappear once you have REGISTERED and made 10 posts in our friendly community :)
     

  3. #2
    Super Tenerifian Jackie's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    On a Volcano
    Posts
    1,528
    Thanks
    1,449
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 889 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have eaten there quite a few times and never had any problems. It's your normal run of the mill food that you can get in hundreds of other places in Tenerife but as I said all has been good in the past.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie For This Useful Post:

    marbro8 (03-10-2011)

  5. #3
    Super Tenerifian marbro8's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    walsall
    Posts
    4,437
    Thanks
    9,948
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Have eaten there quite a few times and never had any problems. It's your normal run of the mill food that you can get in hundreds of other places in Tenerife but as I said all has been good in the past.
    thanks jackie, as i said we know kabe? quite well and have eaten there quite a few times but have eaten in places that are a lot better for the same price, was just wandering if they had a new chef, last time we ate there the chef was jamie, a rangers fan, and he left because they employed a celtic fan this sectarian thing goes pretty far sometimes

  6. #4
    Super Tenerifian Jackie's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    On a Volcano
    Posts
    1,528
    Thanks
    1,449
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 889 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
    thanks jackie, as i said we know kabe? quite well and have eaten there quite a few times but have eaten in places that are a lot better for the same price, was just wandering if they had a new chef, last time we ate there the chef was jamie, a rangers fan, and he left because they employed a celtic fan this sectarian thing goes pretty far sometimes
    If you see Kabe tell him Courtney's mum said hello, not sure if his brother Adam is still there

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie For This Useful Post:

    marbro8 (03-10-2011)

  8. #5
    Super Tenerifian marbro8's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    walsall
    Posts
    4,437
    Thanks
    9,948
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    If you see Kabe tell him Courtney's mum said hello, not sure if his brother Adam is still there
    no he isn't there anymore they had a disagreement and adam went home, there were quite a few faces missing, the little bloke and i didn't see baz either? that's the thing with tenerife you find a place get to know the staff, look forward to getting back for the same atmos and it's gone because the staff that have made you feel that way have gone? then you tend to try and find out where they have gone, follow them and it's never the same chemistry taylors lounge is the same, we so look forward to seeing the girls because they take time to talk to you all night and next time you go over it's like, who are they

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to marbro8 For This Useful Post:

    Jackie (03-10-2011)

  10. #6
    Super Tenerifian marbro8's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    walsall
    Posts
    4,437
    Thanks
    9,948
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can actually answer my own question about the food in the rovers food, it was great, they offer very good pub grub, the steak was nice, the curry was nice (but hot) the burgers, the breakfasts and the 3 course for 10 euros was fantastic value, kabe martin allan the compare and the rest of the staff really make you welcome and the 5 teenagers that came with us where permanent fixtures in there even after we had gone to bed lol

  11. #7
    Tenerifian Tinkabel's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 175 Times in 105 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a bad meal there either and as you say the 3 courses for a tenner is great value

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkabel For This Useful Post:

    marbro8 (18-10-2011)

  13. #8
    Super Tenerifian Ed3229's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Wickham, Hampshire.
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 602 Times in 263 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked the worst day to go for breakfast at the Rovers......RUGBY on telly....Waited 40 min for food (only 10 people in Rovers),bloke who took our order moaning about getting up early and we had to ask for salt,pepper ect.Food was ok but I would not go back.....
    Pardon me my ear is full of milk
    "Well, if we caught...the money...and gave it to the fish...anybody we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it"

  14. #9
    Super Tenerifian marbro8's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    walsall
    Posts
    4,437
    Thanks
    9,948
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed3229 View Post
    We picked the worst day to go for breakfast at the Rovers......RUGBY on telly....Waited 40 min for food (only 10 people in Rovers),bloke who took our order moaning about getting up early and we had to ask for salt,pepper ect.Food was ok but I would not go back.....
    hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ****** hate early mornings" lol

    Added after 2 minutes:

    Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
    hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ******* hate early mornings" lol
    i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?

    Added after 4 minutes:

    Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
    hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible ihate early mornings" lol

    Added after 2 minutes:

    i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Last edited by slodgedad; 18-10-2011 at 22:02. Reason: hh

  15. #10
    Super Tenerifian Ed3229's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Location
    Wickham, Hampshire.
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 602 Times in 263 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbro8 View Post
    hat was martin because he wolf whisled me in the compostella beach supermarket on his way to buy the rolls earlyer, and i said " hi mate how are you" and he said " terrible i ***** hate early mornings" lol

    Added after 2 minutes:

    i had to edit this because it did not filter out the word?

    Added after 4 minutes:

    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    LOL trust me to pick the wrong day..........Well im game I will give them a go next year will just wait till the bloke has been up for an hour or so.
    Last edited by slodgedad; 18-10-2011 at 22:03. Reason: hh
    Pardon me my ear is full of milk
    "Well, if we caught...the money...and gave it to the fish...anybody we sold it to wouldn't have to pay for it"

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed3229 For This Useful Post:

    marbro8 (18-10-2011), sunspot (18-10-2011)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

rovers return tenerife

rovers return bar tenerifethe rovers return teneriferovers return los cristianosrovers return pub tenerifetenerife rovers returnthe rovers los cristianosthe rovers teneriferovers bar tenerifethe rovers return los cristianosrovers return in tenerifecompostella beachthe rovers bar tenerifecompostellabeachrovers return compestala beachrovers teneriferovers return cafe tenerifeRovers teneriffereviews of rovers return los cristianosrovers return tenerife 2013rovers bar in teneriferover return teneriferovers return pub los cristions rptenerifehas the rovers return tenerife closed downrovers return pub in tenerife
SEO Blog

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

POSTS ON TENERIFE FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED

Please click the "Report Post" button under any post which may breach our terms of use.